Friday 9 May 2008

Just one click

As it's Friday night my thoughts turn incorrigibly to my ex and what he's up to. He's at an artschmooze thingy with his new girlfriend. As I generally disliked his artist mates I'm not jealous of the event, just that he's there with his someone.

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not heading down path into Sadsville, but it just feels a teensy bit unfair that he's seeing someone and I'm not. Of course, I spend all my weekends with a tall, exceedingly handsome, articulate and funny gentleman who's a big fan of eating out and loves to accompany me to the cinema. But he's only 5. And my son. Which doesn't really count.

What I'd like to do is click with somebody. Maybe not be in love and all that stuff which, frankly, is just too much like hard work, but just have someone to send silly texts to and flirt with. Or maybe email or Facebook. Heavens, I could even hit the Holy Grail of Facebooking and change my relationship status from'It's complicated' to 'in a relationship with'. Which leads me to my 'click' motif.

I'd really rather like to click with someone and there is somebody on Guardian Soulmates that I really quite like the look and sound of. He's a 75% match for me but I'm a 98% match for him (of course I am). But the problem is that I treat Soulmates rather like parties in my student days. I go, hang about for a bit, feel a bit out place, develop a crush and then walk off without saying a word. I then write anguished prose about it (in my student days in my diary. Nowadays? well, you're reading it!).

So to click would maybe just take one click. But do I dare?

2 comments:

Nikos said...

Go on do it - you can always backspace delete later!
I Mr 1971

Anonymous said...

Do it!!!!