Saturday 26 April 2008

A new start for this blog and for me

So, when I set up this blog in December 2007 I didn't really have anything to write about, but I did know that I wanted to write something. This, it turns out, was unwise. Because by the end of the year my husband had decided to have an affair with another woman and move out into a sad-Smiths-inspired-navel-gazing-bedsit leaving me a single mother. So then I had loads to write about.

Unfortunately, all the really juicy stuff, the mad-Wuthering-Heights-loony-tunes stuff went by throughout January and February and I was far too potty to write anything lucid. This is a shame because it might well have made compelling reading as I was madder than any bag of frogs you'd wish to point at. I have tried to remember some of my more mad moments for general consumption but it appears that my psyche cleverly wiped it all away before I became a proper nutter. I know I was mad in January, I just can't remember anything about it.

But now I'm making a new start and that's what this blog is going to be about. I've begged my ex to come back, promised all sorts of changes and his general response was to ask me to sell the house and give him some money so he could 'start again'. Nice. Well, there's a credit crunch and a recession brewing so I'm clinging on to the house and he can't divorce me for 5 years because I did nothing wrong. So there.

So, back to new starts:
  1. I threw away all the clutter in the house over Easter. Partly feng-shui, partly embarrassment at the state, mostly revenge.
  2. I got a cleaner. Well two actually. Carol'n'Lisa. My ex: "I don't really approve of cleaning services", me: "well, I don't really approve of adultery". Thursdays are wonderful, I come home from work and it's like really clean burglars have come in and nicked all the debris.
  3. I've started to do things with my beautiful son that I never did before because my ex wouldn't have approved. Today we went bowling and then we did crazy golf in UV light. Yes, you read that right, crazy golf + UV light. Marvellous.
  4. I bought dresses and HEELS (after ten years of being with a man shorter than I it felt indecent to put on heels. But good).
  5. I stalk his new girlfriend via Facebook*
  6. Tomorrow, I'm booked into Bravissimo.

Aren't I doing well? There's more to do: I've joined Guardian Soulmates but can't bring myself to 'add' anyone, I still wear my wedding and engagement ring and I've looked at Gingerbread's website (the charity for lone parents) but I haven't joined yet.

My new road is just opening in front of me and I'd be immensely touched if anyone followed it with me via the pages of this blog.

*OK, this isn't good as such, but it is immensely enjoyable and rewarding....

2 comments:

Highwaylass said...

I come home from work and it's like really clean burglars have come in and nicked all the debris.

**ROFFLE**

Anonymous said...

Hi Trez, great blog!

I also love the line about the tidy burglars, I feel like that on Wednesday evenings too :-)

PS It may be cheeky to request a particular post but I'd be interested to know how or why you made the leap from law? You've mentioned on TES (at least I think it was you) that you did a training contract; well, as a trainee to be admitted this coming Sept, who spends far too much time on TES, it's something I'm considering too and I'd be interested to know how you went about it.

Best
CL x